- 6:00pm Jay and I leave kids with sitter
- 7 ish (as reported by Soleil ) Luna runs BEHIND Soleil swinging. Soleil is leaning her head back. Luna’s and Soleil’s heads hit.
- 8:50pm I get a call from the sitter that Luna is vomiting. She thinks Luna has a fever.
- 9:05pm Get home from date night. Luna is not fevering. She vomits while I am holding her.
- 9:10pm While taking sitter home, discover about head bonking.
- 9:20pm Let Jay know about heads, get Soleil to sleep while he gets Luna to sleep. She has continued to vomit while I was gone.
- 10:00pm Luna is asleep. Put a call into the on-call doctor at ped
office. She calls back, asks for us to wake Luna. Shit, can’t wake her.
Try again. Check her eyes, pupils contract and dialate BUT track in
different direction. She is still asleep (yes, with flashlight in her
eyes, still asleep). Doc requests that we go to ER, she wants to rule
out internal bruise and we still can’t wake Luna.
- 10:30pm Get in ER. Triage can’t wake up Luna. Nurse can’t wake up Luna,
finally, she wakes up with the o2 sensor on her finger (mostly because
she pushed the finger with the sensor into her eye).
- 10:38pm After watching 2 batters of the Red Sox game, we are called
back. Doctor checks her completely out and while Luna can walk straight
and is now acting like herself, the symptoms, especially the inability
to wake her calls for a CT.
- 10:40-2am Wait with a very awake and punchy kid. At one point Star Trek freaks her out and she insists on sitting on the floor.
- 2am- ER nurse gets upset that we are still waiting and walked us down to CT herself.
- 2:15, CT scan done, Luna rests on me while we watch "American Latino TV!"
- 3:00am Dr gives Luna the ok to go home. He diagnoses with a mild
concussion. Must watch her activity, report any vomitting, any head
injuries in the next 2-3 weeks MUST be checked by doctor.
- 3:10am In car
- 3:11am, Luna falls asleep again, first time since 10:30ish
- 3:40am, Get Luna into bed, grab a snack
- 4am Go to sleep
- 6am Soleil comes in to snuggle
- 7am Alarm goes off, Jay has a softball game
- 9am Jay calls to wake me.
- 9:30 – About to leave the house. I have showered, gotten both girls
dressed and fed and we are about to head to Temple for final assembly
for temple school. Jay calls. He "hurt" his finger. He is heading to
the ER and will not meet us
- 9:45 Get to Dunkin Donuts for a VERY large coffee
- 10:15, in Temple, Luna is clingy and complaining of a headache
- 10:30 try to txt Jay, no answer
- 11:15 assembly over. Very cute. Soleil’s class sings an ice cream ad in Hebrew!
- 11:30 Jay calls. Finger not broken, will explain later.
- 11:40, (TMI) Jay arrives at Temple. Finger is splinted. He caught a
ball in such a way that the pinky finger of the ungloved hand was
dragged across the glove removing a thick section of skin and fat. He
was lucky, the fatty part of the finger tip, the pad was on the flap of
skin that was torn back. The main blood vessel was exposed, but not
- 12:00 Picnic at Temple. We first check the baseball field since Jay lost his wedding ring.
- 1:30 Leave picnic. Go to CVS because I have a raging yeast infection.
- 2:10 Get home, Fall asleep. Jay watches the kids.
- 2:20 wake up as Luna just sprayed herself in the eyes with insect spray
- 2:40 fall back asleep
- 3:00 Jay wake me.
- 3:10 Another large Dunkin donuts coffee. Head to birthday party for friend.
- 6:30 head home from party. Luna crashes in car..
- 8:00 Luna wakes up, Soleil decides this is a good play time
- 10:00 Send Jay to bed
- 10:45 Girls are finally asleep..