I remember the good old days, when I had two kids in daycare and dreamed about them going to school. What a fool I was!
I have so many things to deal with this month and next:
- Luna has an ice skating competition mid-June. She now has to learn her routine with 3 extra lessons. Two of these lessons mean I am taking her away from school for 1 hour. I feel terrible about pulling her from school, but then I figure there are only 16 days left.. She’ll be fine, right? Right? (here’s where you tell me she’ll be FINE)
- Soleil has her violin recital the first weekend of June. She is missing her next lesson because of Memorial Day. So we’ve rescheduled a lesson for next Wed. I’ll have to figure out my work schedule for that day.
- We had our big Girl Scout encampment this month. And Luna’s troop had a Butterfly garden event.
- Birthday parties. Luna’s is coming up. She ends school right before her birthday. And we have 4 parties that we either have gone to or will be going to before school ends.
- Ice skating for Luna continues until June 21. Hockey clinic for Soleil continues until June 13, Soccer for both ends June 12, violin ends June 7(I hope) and piano somewhere around June 19.
- The Pan Mass Challenge bike ride for kids is June 19.
- We have tickets to a Red Sox game and Jimmy Buffet! The same week! Gah!
- Teaching my kids that the phrase "What the heck!?" is only acceptable if little green aliens land in our yard and not acceptable to say when you are told it is dinner time.
- Finally, the week school ends, we are cruising off to NC to visit my parents and to celebrate Luna’s 6th birthday. We need a little time away…
Coming soon…How to lose oneself while living the life you dreamed or "Now what?"