Please forgive my radio silence. October was a crazy month and it has just flown right into November. My bullet style will be more like paragraph style, so again,
please forgive me, oh FUCK IT, it’s my blog, I can update when I can.
- Health: Has been poor. I noticed 3-4 weeks ago that I was having some trouble breathing when I was exercising. I made a note of that and that my right leg had been sore. A week later, I was on the phone while walking the dog and sucking wind. That is not right. So I told Dr. Jay and he suggested that I go get a check up. My mom has a clotting disorder and she has had two pulmonary embolisms(PE). Yeah, let’s not do that. I went and saw a PA who ended up sending me to the ER to get checked for PE. At the time, it was frustrating and funny. The medical shorthand for shortness of breath is SOB and I found it hysterical that I was an SOB. The hospital’s blood test for clotting came back negative, so they sent me home despite my clear lack of air. The next day, I set up a new primary care doctor and had a new appointment. Turns out the clotting test at the doctor’s office was positive, negative at the hospital and then positive again. Sigh At this point, I have had chest pains (more pulmonary rather than cardiac), an appointment with a hematologist (and a future appointment for a platelet study), a CT chest scan with contrast dye to rule out PE (yes! I was clear, so I am not going to die today), and I have 2 more appointments set up. Of course, I am allergic to contrast dye, so we did pre-emptive steroids. Doesn’t matter, I still went into anaphylatic shock. They called Dr. Jay and refused to tell him what was wrong except that they had to call code blue (thanks…), so he was terrified that I was dying from clotting. No, just a massive poison we put directly in my bloodstream. Sigh. To recap: no PE, still having trouble breathing and now totally wiped out from systemic anaphylatic shock.
- Job: Yeah, October sucked because I had a bad job review. Quote from my supervisor "Mistakes can’t happen". At this point? Yeah, mistakes must happen. I am still looking for a new position and continuing on the RBT. I need to confirm that I can go to the January meeting in Austin. I haven’t registered yet.
- Kids: Good and bad. We’ve had homework hell with Soleil and Luna tells us nothing about her school. Very frustrating. The sleep test came back that Luna has no sleep issues, so we are back to square one. This totally sucks because we don’t know what makes her brain tick. Why can’t she hear us sometimes? Does she have attention issues? Why is reading so hard for a kid who can do math like mad? I don’t know. Soleil was just at the doctor yesterday. We are starting testing for irritable bowel syndrome. Yes, my 9 year old may have IBS. Frick. Poor kiddo. We are looking into Celiac disease and a few other autoimmune issues as well.
- Life: I am worn down. We just spent from Saturday night until this morning without power. We have to clean out the entire freezer and fridge. We’ve already called insurance so we can get a cheque to cover the food loss. Luna started skating lessons 2X a week, so we hired an after school sitter. It was a rather quick and half-assed method of hiring, but I think we have the right person. She gets to be with the girls with POWER today! That should be fun.
- Writing: I will write more this month. I promise. But I need to figure out what is wrong with me. Why I am sick and how to get some sleep. Sigh.